Rules, Regulations and Guidelines for the 2016 Barbados Museum and Historical Society in partnership with Scotiabank Art Competition and Exhibition
- Participants between the ages of 5-13 years are entitled to register for this competition, either as a group or as individuals.
- Persons can register within any of the three categories: 5 – 7 years, 8 – 10 years, and 11 – 13 years.
- A completed Registration Form is required for each individual and each group entry.
- THEME AND DEADLINES
- Registration forms can be found on the Barbados Museum and Historical Society [BMHS] website and can also be collected from the receptionist at the BMHS.
- Entries close on September 29th. All work should be brought to the BMHS accompanied by a completed registration form by that date. NO works will be accepted after the DEADLINE has passed.
- COMPETITION DETAILS
- Each student can submit a maximum of three entries ONLY in any media.
- Each group can submit a maximum of three entries ONLY in any media.
- No digital work will be allowed. ONLY physical artwork is permitted.
- All entries must be received and brought to the BMHS, by September 29th
- Each work MUST be your original idea and concept, and reflect any aspect or combination of the theme.
- All work MUST accompany a registration form with your name, school if applicable, date, age and title of the artwork clearly
- ALL entries are the property of the BMHS and can be considered for future publicity and promotion for the organization.
- The BMHS reserves the right to refuse any works which do not fit into the criteria.
- Works must be suitably matted or framed for hanging or display, and the BMHS reserves the right to refuse works that do not fit into the criteria.
- Winners are chosen by a panel of judges, whose decision is final.
- Prizes will be awarded to winners who have been notified by the BMHS personnel or person designated by the BMHS ONLY.
- Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third places in the 5- 7 age group, the first, second and third places in the 8 – 10 age group, and the first, second and third places in the 11- 13 age group.
- Prizes are NOT transferable, and NO CASH alternatives to prizes will be offered.
- Winners will be chosen from valid entries ONLY.
- Students, whose works are not part of the exhibition, will be contacted to collect them from the BMHS between October 24th and November 4
- Any work not collected by November 4th will be disposed of.
For further information or clarification, please contact Allison Callender, Curator Art/ Art History, at the Barbados Museum and Historical Society on 427-0201 or 228-4392 or email email@example.com
Photo Credit: http://www.everyculture.com/A-Bo/Barbados.html